Grails Development Company
Ayoka is an experienced Grails (Groovy on Rails) development company. Based on Java, Groovy is a dynamic language for the Java Virtual Machine (JVM). Its powerful syntax is derived from Java adding many additional features inspired by popular dynamic languages such as Python and Ruby, meta-programming and closures. It integrates seamlessly with existing Java classes and libraries. Additionally, it compiles straight to Java bytecode, enabling it to run in compiled mode for additional performance.
Grails is a full stack web development framework built on top of the best of breed Java libraries used in existing enterprise applications. Groovy allows Grails to provide a Domain Specific Language (DSL) that compresses the amount of code needed to generate web applications and increases readability and testability. Out of the box, it includes:
- GORM (Groovy Object Relational Mapper) – Based on Hibernate, the first widely used ORM in the enterprise. This layer manages the relation between objects and databases without having to manipulate cumbersome SQL statements.
- GSP – An expressive view language with tags designed to make routine tasks simple and automatically generating code needed to make powerful Ajax calls.
- Gant – A command line scripting environment based on ANT.
- Jetty – An embedded container that can automatically reload changed classes on the fly.
- Groovy, along with the Spring dependency injection framework, ties all these components together in a DSL so expressive it feels like they were designed with each other in mind.
- Java EE
The Grails software development framework offers significant advantages over other methods of data-driven application development including:
- Support for Representational State Transfer (REST) architecture
- SOA and WS-* integration with enterprise systems
- Enterprise job management and workflow scheduling using Quartz
- Convention over configuration framework simplifies data management
- Don’t Repeat Yourself or DRY model based on Groovy’s powerful Domain specific language capabilities
- MVC (model view controller) design pattern based on Spring MVC
- Built in testing at every level
- Powerful and easy deployment with automatic creation of WARs (Web Archives).
- Ajax support in any framework; runs on virtually any platform
- Capable of running in any modern JEE/Servlet container including Jetty, Tomcat, BEA WebLogic, IBM Websphere, Glassfish, Geronimo, and others.
Ayoka solutions feature robust performance, reliability and scalability. Business processes consultants, information architects, usability professionals and project managers provide the technology and design expertise required to fulfill the vision established during the planning phases of our projects. Our ability to analyze each individual situation and apply the most appropriate, proven technologies in order to achieve the goals and objectives of the initiative is what separates us from the competition
Enable innovative business solutions with Ayoka’s Groovy Development Team!